Huddle Talk - Celtic Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic F.C donate £10,000 to Poppy Scotland appeal

+4
JaggySnake
Smell the Glove
Barney Stinson
Padmill
8 posters

Go down

NSFW Celtic F.C donate £10,000 to Poppy Scotland appeal

Post by Padmill Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:49 am

Poppyscotland
Poppyscotland picked up a £10,000 donation from the Celtic Charity Foundation earlier today. Club captain Scott Brown and vice captain Charlie Mulgrew presented our Head of Fundraising Colin Flinn with a cheque ahead of the 2011 Scottish Poppy Appeal. The Club’s donation will be used to support ex-Servicemen and women across Scotland in a variety of ways, including rehabilitation for those injured while serving.

As we indicated last year Poppyscotland feel that after three very successful years of the poppy shirt initiative with the SPL, we wanted to work with each club individually to develop a range of new activities. Today is just one example of how the clubs are getting behind the Appeal this year and we look forward to building further on the excellent relationship we have with Celtic, and the other 11 clubs, in the coming weeks.
Wall Photos

http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/index.php/homepage/show/home/poppyscotland
Padmill
Padmill
Staff Member
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

NSFW Re: Celtic F.C donate £10,000 to Poppy Scotland appeal

Post by Barney Stinson Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:52 am

Doesn't bother me. Plenty of Celtic players fought and lost their lives in both world wars.
Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Smell the Glove Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:03 am

Shame on Celtic once again.

Celtic's approach to these smoked screen "hero" donations is a disgrace to why we were established. Celtic should appoligise for there actions on donating a murder fund and respect the republican community and most of all respect themselfs.

Like to see funds being raised to irish republican movements from celtic rather than british movements.
Smell the Glove
Smell the Glove
Staff Member
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggySnake Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:11 am

Personal choice from the club, so long as it isn't forced upon our tops.
JaggySnake
JaggySnake
Staff Member
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney Stinson Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:23 am

It also backs the huns into a corner. They wax lyrical about the poppy campaign, but they don't have a spare ten grand to donate. They'll pass a tin about on match day but that's not the same.
Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggySnake Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:38 am

They'll do their usual free tickets for armed forces etc and the onion bears and blue disorder will milk it. It really is pathetic they try and point score with it.
JaggySnake
JaggySnake
Staff Member
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Col Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:03 am

They thing that annoys me about this whole affair is that these appeals now fund those that have been part of illegal wars, I've no problem with those that served in either world war but funding those that served in Iraq, Afghanistan etc is a complete and utter joke IMO.
Celtics was founded on the back of British forced oppression of the Irish people who fled to Glasgow and further in search of a better life yet we as a club will align ourselves to those who are now acting as an oppresive force in other nations.

Col
Staff Member
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennybhoy67 Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:15 am

Rangers can't afford to do that

Last edited by Kennybhoy67 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Kennybhoy67
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenZero Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 am

Col wrote:They thing that annoys me about this whole affair is that these appeals now fund those that have been part of illegal wars, I've no problem with those that served in either world war but funding those that served in Iraq, Afghanistan etc is a complete and utter joke IMO.
Celtics was founded on the back of British forced oppression of the Irish people who fled to Glasgow and further in search of a better life yet we as a club will align ourselves to those who are now acting as an oppresive force in other nations.

Hit the nail on the fucking head my friend. notworthy2
ZenZero
ZenZero
Staff Member
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Padmill Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:57 am

Col wrote:They thing that annoys me about this whole affair is that these appeals now fund those that have been part of illegal wars, I've no problem with those that served in either world war but funding those that served in Iraq, Afghanistan etc is a complete and utter joke IMO.

Soo-fucking-perb Sir!

The thing that really gets my fury going is the amountof people giving it 'well they are over fighting in Iraq and other such places to keep you safe and fighting for your freedom....." Oh is that a fucking fact? 31 31 31 31 31
Padmill
Padmill
Staff Member
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Col Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:13 am

Paddy the thing is mate the average person more than knows that Iraq was a war founded on lies, Britain has blood on there hands with innocent Iraqi's being killed and of course the blood of there own who died there.
Afghanistan was another innocent target, any person who knows anything about Al Qaeda knows themselves that the training camps and major cells are centred in Southern Pakistan.
The Taliban is simply a tribal organisation and they live by that law, democracy isn't going to work in Afghanistan.
Also with Bin Laden why was this guy not captured and brought to account for the crimes he committed ?
So many reasons as to why we need to look at the whole situation and say to ourselves why are we supporting the perpatraitors of these acts which in my view breach of human rights laws and a whole lot more.
I cannot understand why we as a club continue to face this pish year in year out and totally alienate a large section of our support.
Fucking joke.

Col
Staff Member
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lisbonlion Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:13 am

I'd prefer they put 'spare' money to paying off our bank loan.
lisbonlion
lisbonlion
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum