Huddle Talk - Celtic Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celts line up young Swedish stopper

2 posters

Go down

NSFW Celts line up young Swedish stopper

Post by Padmill Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:15 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/

CELTIC are ready to swoop for Swedish kid Alex Milosevic.

The talented young stopper is also being tracked by Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Werder Bremen.

But sources in Sweden say Celtic could land highly-rated Milosevic, 19 for £1.5million.

Any move for the youngster by Hoops boss Neil Lennon will throw more doubt on the future of axed stopper Daniel Majstorovic who has lost his place in the starting line-up after a string of poor displays.

AIK defender Milosevic has already trained with the Parkhead side.

He spent a week with Celtic last January and his progress in the Swedish season — which ended last weekend — has seen him nominated for two top awards.

Milosevic admitted: "I spent a week training at Celtic earlier this year and really enjoyed it.

"Everyone made me feel very welcome and I'm flattered they wanted me to come to Scotland.

"There have been lots of things written about clubs looking at me, but I try to concentrate on learning my game.

"AIK is my local club and I like it in Stockholm.

"I have three years left on my contract, but Celtic is a big club.

"If the clubs can work something out, I would be interested."

AIK spokesman Jens Andersson said: "Alex is a player who has created a lot of interest.

"Out of respect for the clubs, I won't talk about them by name. But there is a lot of interest in him around Europe.

"He's still under contract with us, but football is a business."

A Celtic source said: "Milosevic is a proper defender and we know all about him."

Speculation is rife in Sweden that Milosevic will leave in the winter break and AIK have already brought in his replacement in 17-year-old Edward Owusu.

Now Celts will step up their bid for Milosevic.

Not too sure what to make of this really...............

Padmill
Padmill
Staff Member
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

NSFW Re: Celts line up young Swedish stopper

Post by lisbonlion Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Would this have been the trialist from the other night?
lisbonlion
lisbonlion
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down