Huddle Talk - Celtic Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hooiveld and O'Dea playing well in the Championship

5 posters

Go down

NSFW Hooiveld and O'Dea playing well in the Championship

Post by Barney Stinson Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 am

This for me pretty much sums up our defence. It is not the defenders who are pish. Majstorovic gets a game for Sweden regularly, yet over he people make him out to be the worst centre half in the world. Let's face the facts, it's not the centre backs who are poor, it's the system. Our full backs both bomb forward at the same time, our midfield without Ledley in the middle and Brown on the right, can't see anything unless it's in front of them. This means teams get in behind our midfield and expose our centre halfs. If Brown plays on the right, he moves in and tightens up the midfield. If Ledley plays centre mid he is aware of any space in behind our midfield and full backs and closes it down efficiently. Only one of our full backs should be attacking at any given time. If the ball is being played down the left, then the left fullback should go, and the right stay. And vice versa. Do this, play Ledley in the middle and our fullbacks won't be as exposed. I'd even consider playing a 4231, cos 442 is outdated to fuck and clearly isn't working for us. Playing 1 up front doesn't have to be defensive, but it would give us more protection defensively. We also need Commons back asap. And whatever is going on behind the scenes need fucking sorted. Sacking Lennon is fast becoming the only answer.
Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

NSFW Re: Hooiveld and O'Dea playing well in the Championship

Post by lisbonlion Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:01 am

Can't take the heat, get out...
lisbonlion
lisbonlion
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by The MLS1 Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:11 am

You could be onto something there barney, but you can't excuse the powder-puff mistakes.
The MLS1
The MLS1
Staff Member
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggySnake Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:47 am

I see your point but they need to be able to adapt also or begin using Wanyama more at CDM.
JaggySnake
JaggySnake
Staff Member
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney Stinson Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:36 am

This could cause mistakes though in a sense. If they are being exposed more there is more chance of mistake, and if they do, there's nobody to help, the centre backs receive no support at all. Mulgrew does well there as he has a lot of composure. Others don't and make mistakes. I think Majstorovic in particular is affected by that as he has no pace whatsoever. He generally heads everything, but nobody is there to pick it up so he gets stick. This was particular prevalent last season away to ICT and in the 1st half on Wednesday. Long balls into the channels caused us trouble all night as it pulled our CB's out of place. We need to give them more protection, and for me i'd play Wanyama Kayal and Ledley in the middle to offer this.
Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezzz Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:44 am

I think Hooiveld never got his chance up here, he's better than Maj imo and i'd like to see him get the chance.

Jezzz
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney Stinson Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:13 am

So would I mate. Only played 7 games for us. Either half fit or a new partner every game as well.
Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum